1 lb imitation crab meat
1/2 lb cooked shrimp
1 medium avocado
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Dice onion, tomato, shrimp and cucumber. I like to make my cucumber into slim wedges then into strips finally I dice. I find it it is simpler and more organized.
2. Mix into a bowl.
3. Shred imitation crab meat with your fingers, like I do for simplicity or a fork. Mix with other ingredients.
4. Cut avocado in half, remove the pit. Spoon out and slice or dice as preferred and fold into the bowl. Don't mix or you will end up with smooshed avocado everywhere.
5. Cut lime in half, remove seeds and pour into mixture. Or if you have a lime juice cut only the top off and pour your juice in easier.
6. Enjoy a simple 10-15 minute lunch or dinner. You can eat as is or spoon onto tostada (fried tortilla) for a nice crunch.
When it is too darn hot, here in California, this is one of my go to recipes for a quick and easy dinner. The kids will sometimes eat it plain but sometimes they like crackers on the side to munch on or 1 tostada. Let me know how if you like this recipe and what other variations you tried.