Disclosure: We may receive a referral fee if you follow the Amazon links in this post and purchase something from them.
This week we have a new round of books read of books read in our home with our 1 year old and 4 year old. The list here is from items borrowed or bought from the LA County library system this past week. We read at nap time, bed time and always carry books in my car for both kids to read on the road to reduce screen time.
All books are linked via amazon as they tend to have these at pretty low prices used or new. You can always visit your local library and search out their used books which sell for under $1. Children books tend to be .25 to .50. I review these to not only see what my kiddos are into now and as a memory for later down the road but to help others find a special book for their little ones or as a guide of books to read that will most likely appeal to young readers.
1. Get Well Soon, Spot by Hill, EricI got this book as I remember this from when I was a toddler. Both my kids have liked him. My son got over him after 3 but my daughter really likes him right now. It is short and simple to read in the crib or for them to have on a car ride.
Mommy Score: 5 Kiddo Score: 4
2. Where's Waldo? In Hollywood by Handford, MartinMy son has just become obsessed with Waldo. I forgot how much I liked him. We randomly grab a Waldo book and race to see who finds each of the characters first. It is pretty fun and my daughter likes looking at the colorful images.
Mommy Score:5 Kiddo Score:4
3. Where's Waldo? : Santa Spectacular by Handford, MartinIf you are looking for a special treat this one is great! This has Waldo searches, stickers and games. The stickers can be removed and still hold on pretty well using over and over.
Mommy Score: 5 Kiddo Score:5
Mommy Score: 4 Toddler Score: 4
5. What is Blue (Rookie Toddler) by Scholastic Inc.These are cute board books for children with colored body part of animals. My children both liked it. Their favorite was the giraffe with his tongue sticking out. Of course I had to explain that his tongue isn’t really blue.
Mommy Score: 4 Kiddo Score: 5
6. Just Like Me by Neasi, Barbara J. This is about a girl who compares what she and her twin share in common and how they are different. Very cute and easy way to explain differences between any siblings or anyone.
Mommy Score: 4 Kiddo Score: 4