broccoli head or two
1 cauliflower head
Time: 25 minutes
1. Wash your veggies, place in a pot with water to boil.
2. Heat pan. Then pour about a 1/2 tbsp of oil into a pan, olive oil is fine too at medium heat. Place your meat on the pan and cook about 5 minutes each side. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to do this a 2nd time. No need to season marinated meat.
3. Slice onions and zucchini if you like and fry with the same oil, flavors left from the meat. The zucchini takes a bit longer than the onion but is delicious as you don't have to season.
4. Let your veggies cook about 3-5 minutes past boiling. Lower your temperature to low. Then drain your veggies and plate with your meat.
5. Sprinkle with a bit of parmesan or asiago cheese.
I find that bell peppers don't taste as well as these veggies paired with marinated flap meat. It is healthy and kiddos can easily grab the broccoli or cauliflower by the trunks. These break into smaller pieces as they steam.
This is how I have ditched rice slowly out of our meals.